Sunday, September 30, 2007

Long time, no write

Hey, folks! It's been a while since I've had time to post, and I'm a little surprised no one else has posted. I guess everyone is busy.

Not much has happened as far as having something really great to put out here for you to read. My mentor at work left to work for another investment firm. I've taken over his duties, so I'm a bit busier at work. It's definitely a more challenging job, and that's a plus. Having to think all day sure makes the day go by quicker. And makes me tired!! :-)

Lightning got all smileys at school last week. Thank goodness! I know that sounds like a small thing, but as Bill Murray in "What About Bob?" learned, it's Baby steps, baby steps....

Prilla is having some adjustment to third grade. I don't remember if I mentioned they had stepped up the curriculum for their school. Basically, she jumped from 2nd grade work to 4th grade work. They say they're easing them into it, but it's been a pretty rough first quarter. She is managing to keep her A average, but barely.

Beck is becoming more and more vocal every day. She comes home from 'school' singing a new song almost everyday. Except the past week it has been the same one for several days. Did y'all know the "Lord's Army" is only a cavalry? According to Beck, anyway. She sings: "I may never march in the cavalry, Ride in the the cavalry, Shoot in the cavalry... I may never zoom o'er the cavalry, but I'm in the Lord's Army. YESH, SHUR!"

Well, guess that's all the news. Gotta run get the day going, etc. Someone else post something, okay???

Hugs,
Sleeping Beauty

No comments: