Saturday, September 8, 2007

Cake & Family Update



Here's the new Hannah Montana Cake. I'll probably go back and fix the writing (too light and a bit crooked) but other than that, it's done. This mom brought me a doll and a napkin, plate & cup to get the color scheme. The colors were pretty hard to match. I sooo didn't get the purple right for the napkins, but it matches the backstage pass, so I think it'll pass.
So, here's the other news: Lightning had a good week. He got all smiley faces every day two weeks in a row. Maybe he's getting used to school. He hasn't told me that "those people are mean at that place" lately, so maybe he'll make it. He did tell me the other day that he didn't like school. He was quite disappointed when I told him it was too bad. He'd have to get used to it because he had to go for 13 more years.
Prilla decided to make flash cards for study tools the other day. She was writing her definitions for math terms down. I looked at them and they had 'associative property', 'communicative property', 'negative property', and some other fairly advanced looking terms. I was stunned. This is third grade math??? I just learned this stuff last semester in COLLEGE ALGEBRA! That settled it right then and there. Lightning has no hope of me pulling him from school and homeschooling, because I can't teach past 3rd grade. (not that there was ever really a chance of that happening....just saying.
Beck has gotten used to her preschool, too. She actually runs into the classroom and hugs the teacher in the mornings. No fussing or trying to stay at home anymore. Yea!! Makes the workday go much smoother if you know your little ones are not sad at school, ya know?
Prince Phillip hurt his ankle again the other day. He flew an airplane that a friend owns. He hasn't flown in years, and this was one of those airplanes that you have to hold pedals down while you fly. Seems to have disrupted something with the ankle. He's experiencing a 'different' kind of pain. So, if y'all would, please say a little prayer for him.
Well, I guess I better go get the day started. Doing this cake this morning put me a bit behind on my day....

1 comment:

belle said...

WOW! the cake is amazing!!! make you a deal, i'll homeschool lightening for you if you make cakes like that for me:) you are amazing!

-belle